Publishing using FrontPage™
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NEW CLIENTS: New
AtlantaVirtual.com hosting accounts should login to your personal
AV control panel and enable FrontPage Extensions by clicking
the Icon labeled"MS FrontPage". Once inside this
tool, chose "Install Front Page". Allow 10 minutes
for the server to process the installation, then follow the
below procedure to publish your website.
How do I publish in FrontPage?
1. Click FILE in the upper-lefthand corner
of FrontPage™, then click PUBLISH FRONTPAGE WEB...
NOTE: Different versions of FrontPage™ may
differ in appearance.
2. Enter your domain in the box titled "Publish FrontPage
You may to need use your IP address if your domain
is not yet available.
3. Enter the username/password you were assigned when
your account was set up.
Making changes to an existing website remotely
USING FrontPage™ REMOTELY
About Remote Administering
Microsoft FrontPage™ allows its users to remotely manage their
FrontPage™ website. Once a website is published for the first
time, users can make real-time changes to their web pages instead
of constantly republishing them (NOTE: this procedure
requires the user to be connected for the duration of the changes).
The following is a step-by-step instruction of how to use this
1. Click on the "File" menu and select "Open FrontPage
2. When prompted to open an existing FrontPage Web, click
on the "More Webs..." button.
3. When prompted to "Open FrontPage Web" enter your
domain name in the space provided then click on the "List
Webs" button. Select "<Root Web>" (or any
web that is listed) and click the "OK" button.
4. Next, you will be prompted to enter the username and
password required to publish to the website. Enter
the proper information and click the "OK" button.
Making Changes to Your Website
Now you are ready to begin remotely administering your FrontPage™
website. Any changes that you make to your pages will be visible
in real-time (immediately) once you have chosen the "Save" option
within the FrontPage Editor. To view these changes, open a web
browser and connect to your site. If the changes are not visible,
click the "Refresh" button in your web browser to update
Using formmail.pl with FrontPage™
How do I set
FrontPage to use AtlantaVirtual.com's formmail.pl?
Here are the steps:
- Open up your form page.
- Right click on the form and choose Form Properties...
- Select the Radio button next to Send to Other... (Custom
ISAPI, NSAPI, CGI, or ASP Script should be highlighted automatically).
- Click on the Options button.
- For action, you will put in the full path to the formmail.pl
- Choose Ok.
- To specify the e-mail recipient, click on the Advanced
- Choose Add.
- In the Name field, put in: recipient
- In the Value field, put in the e-mail address you want
to receive the mail.
- If you want to specify any other options, you need to
do it in this dialog box. Other options for formmail can
be found at: formmail.shtml
- Choose Ok when done until you leave the Form Properties
- Save changes to the page, and you should be all set!